One of our favorite Financial Services clients is hiring to their Operations Accounting team! They are a prestigious Asset Manager with ~$30B in AUM - growing quickly with no signs of slowing down. This role is part of a critical team that supports the operations of the entire organization.
The Operations Accountant will reconcile accounts from multiple institutions, identify and escalate reconciling items and will be a liaison between the Operations and Fund Accounting areas of the Firm. This position involves extensive coordination between Loan Closers, Portfolio Administrators and Fund Accountants.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Reconcile daily bank cash activity
- Prepare, reconcile and book GL entries
- Collaborate with Portfolio Administrators to manage accounting system entries
- Prepare management reports as requested
- Provide operational support to Managers, Analysts, and Fund Accountants as needed
- Resource and implement “ad-hoc” and special client / business-driven projects such as directed by the team leader and firm management
- Bachelor’s degree required (accounting or finance degree preferred)
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Financial Services or similar industry, operational accounting is a plus
- High level of proficiency in Excel is a must
- Proficiency in Wall Street Office, Workday, or similar applications is a strong plus