Opening Shifts start at 7am, 8am and 9 am and ends by 4pm Monday thru Sunday. Full and Part Time positions available. Pay is $15 per hour.
Who We Are:
We are an independently owned and operated BBQ restaurant that got our start in LaGrange in 2009. Since then, we have opened two more locations (Naperville and Oak Park) been Michelin Bib-Gourmand rated (twice! in 2013 and 2014), won Time Out Chicago's "Best New BBQ 2014" and established a base of loyalty, raving fans the like of none other. We deliver handmade, from scratch BBQ fare inspired by regions throughout the United States, from the backwoods of the Carolinas to the meat markets of Texas, to the hole in the walls of Memphis.
About The Position:
As a Kitchen Member, you are responsible for preparing meals, including chopping vegetables, prepping meats, pulling and chopping meats, working the fryers, making salads and putting together entrees. This job does not typically include major cooking duties. It does provide the opportunity to grow and develop, learn the Q-BBQ system and culture, and other skills essential to succeeding in kitchen work.
Kitchen Members at Q quickly become good at using a wide range of kitchen tools, utensils, and chopping knives. You will learn the process of preparing, presenting and holding smoked meats (after all, we are a BBQ restaurant!), and gain a thorough understanding of proper sanitation. We plan to invest in developing your skills as much as and as far as you are capable of going.
Q Kitchen Members are also responsible for completing smaller duties found in most restaurants, such as ensuring leftover food is properly stored, emptying the trash, washing dishes, maintaining equipment, and testing food temperatures.
The Q Benefits:
- Free BBQ
- Extremely passionate and supportive staffs who feel like family (maybe youâ€™ll like them better than family)
- Fun work environment without a corporate/franchise structure
- Flexible schedule
- Getting in the ground floor of a rapidly expanding small business
- Did we mention free BBQ? #seriously
Where Youâ€™ve Worked Before: In a perfect world, you are all of the things weâ€™ve mentioned already and then some. In the real world, you might have worked one of these jobs before:
- You have worked a kitchen job before in a fast food or casual setting (line cook, prep cook, etc.)
- You have worked in a food service job before (hotel, banquet hall, etc.)
- You currently work in a restaurant but want something more out of your experience
- You currently go to culinary school and are looking for a more enriching experience
- You havenâ€™t done any of these things, and have never worked in a restaurant: and thatâ€™s fine. Let us know what makes you interesting, exceptional, and why you fit in at Q.
If youâ€™ve made it this far and you feel like YOU Q = SUCCESS, apply now! If not, we would still appreciate you passing this description along to someone in your life who fits the bill
Powered by JazzHR