Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.
Position Summary – A Day in the Life
Associates in the Associate Open/Close role will open and/or close the restaurant a minimum of three shifts per week. Opening Associates will ensure the closing routine was properly completed and perform additional closing tasks if missed along with the opening routine duties. Once the store is open, the Opening Associate will perform regular Restaurant Associate duties, anything from preparing food, taking food orders over the phone, at the window, or in the main lobby, washing dishes, or a variety of other roles. Closing Associates will start their shift performing those same Restaurant Associate duties, then close the restaurant by completing all duties in the closing routine.
Job duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively opens and / or closes the restaurant location.
- Must have year-round Open or Close shift availability, with a minimum of 3 Open and/or Close shifts scheduled per week.
- Open Shift – 10am to 2pm (specific needs between 10am and 2pm may vary by restaurant)
- Close Shift – 8pm to restaurant close (close time will vary by restaurant)
- Ensures restaurant cleanliness by cleaning and mopping the lobby, restrooms, and kitchen as needed.
- Completes food preparation, stocking, and pre-topping pizzas (ready for revenue).
- Accurately enters food orders into register, gives direction to the guest and creates a fun and friendly atmosphere.
- Is hospitality driven and follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Performs job duties on front counter, drive-thru window, curbside pickup, food preparation stations (dough, make, sauce and cheese, etc) as required.
- Greets and warmly welcomes customers upon arrival, whether inside the lobby or at the drive-up window.
- Ensures the shift is ready for revenue by completing food prep, stocking, and pre-topping pizzas.
- Sets the next shift up for success by completing food prep, stocking prep-tables, and freezer pulls.
- Services the customer while using the cash register to accurately take orders, handle cash, give correct change, and balance register prior to and directly after the shift with the Manager on Duty.
- Folds pizza boxes.
- Effectively communicates with customers, co-workers, and managers in person or over the telephone.
- Takes customer orders over the phone.
- Completes the meal by offering suggestive sell items to the customers.
- Offers to refill drinks, provides plates and napkins as needed and answers customer questions.
- Follows all food safety guidelines, including handwashing, illness reporting, and cleanliness.
- Follows detailed food recipes while completing subs, pizzas, and salads for customers.
Donatos is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.