Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a On-Site Senior Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- As part of our site team, our On-Site Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to gain familiarity with new tools, technologies, software applications, and our Multi-INT Analysis and Archive System (MAAS) via in-depth, hands on training.
- The On-Site Senior Software Engineer position requires someone with a keen ability to rapidly solve software challenges with a focus on communicating effectively with the customer, team and end users on a highly important and exciting program. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently under pressure and effectively identify, recommend and solve mission related issues when software solutions are needed. The candidate must be able to communicate and work effectively with remote, non-collocated development teams.
- The On-Site Senior Software Engineer will support tools, applications, products, and services that involve docker containers, microservices, Nifi workflows, and various other container orchestration systems. At the direction of the government customer and the Multi-INT Analysis and Archive System (MAAS) development team, responsibilities may include front end development related to customer software solutions and efforts to create, maintain, and update new features on web pages. The candidate may also support back-end development and collaboration efforts.
- In addition to solving ongoing operational problems, novel software solutions will be greatly valued, especially using the latest accepted software technologies. On-site software implementations and prototypes will be evaluated and migrated back into the formal software baseline at the factory.
- The ideal candidate will have a general passion for software solutions and will possess an inquisitive mind that can quickly adapt and work independently, with teams, and with ad-hoc tasking on various applications/products.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required for this position:
- Front-End Software Engineering Skills:
- Web Development/Web Frameworks (Node, React, Angular, Vue)
- Visualization Libraries (d3)
- SQL Script
- JSON and XML parsing and creation
- Container orchestration/Data flow automation (Docker, microservices, Apache Nifi)
- DevOps Engineering Skills:
- Search/Analytic Engines, .e.g, ELK Stack (ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana), Splunk, New Relic, etc.
- Foundational Skills:
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and versatile enough to work on a variety of different tasks and technologies
- Strong communication skills (across teams and customers)
- Strong team collaboration/team player
- Well-informed of current and future technologies
- Problem-solver, well-versed in troubleshooting
- Self-starter, does not need training in software engineering/computer science fundamentals
Preferred for this position:
- Back-End Software Engineering Skills:
- NoSQL/RDMS Database familiarity (writing efficient queries)
- REST Service creation
- Message Brokers (Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- DevOps Engineering Skills:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CD/CD) Pipeline experience
- Modern IDEs (IntelliJ, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Other Engineering Experience:
- PKI library integration
- Drive to pro-actively seek out customer needs, system improvements, innovative solutions
- Agile experience
- Organized Innovator who can recommend and efficiently implement new ways to visualize data and information with minimal impact to users/systems
- Strong hands-on experience
#PL2Minimum Salary:USD $129,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $160,000.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.