This position will be part of an agile technology team supporting insurance product implementations, system feature enhancements and defect resolution to our Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA) based policy administration system. This position will be involved in all areas of analysis including design, configuration, testing, and implementation of new products and product changes within the system.
location: AUSTIN, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Feedback from candidates who were rejected: Currently, I do not wish to pursue this candidate. This candidate does have OIPA however not in the capacity of a configuration team member, rather they are a BA. I need someone with technical Configuration or Programming experience.
- Analyzes and solves problems in the Oracle system and assures technology meets the needs of the organization.
- Implements system studies to assist the organization to realize maximum benefit from investments in the Oracle platform and related business processes.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or improve existing computer systems.
- Review and understand existing system deployment, product configurations, and system design
- Analyze, document, and present plans for system updates to implement new products, enhancements to existing products and business processes, and system defect remediation as assigned
- Work with business analysts and business partners to identify solutions to business needs within the OIPA system
- Implement changes to approved solutions within OIPA
- Ability to review and understand the details, functions, and life cycle of Life Insurance and Annuity products
- Provide 3rd level support for the operation of the OIPA system in production
- Superb communication skills (both oral and written)
- Attention to detail, and ability to identify problems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic data analysis skills and tools, Excel, Basic SQL query skills, XML, JSON, Delimited Files, etc.
- OIPA configuration experience/knowledge preferred but not required.
- SDLC processes and frameworks, including traditional project management and agile development processes
- Deliver assigned work on time and within budget
- Adhere to defined Oracle best practices
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Technology or similar degree required
- 2+ years of Life insurance experience/knowledge a big plus!
- 2+ years of SQL and XML, Oracle experience also a plus!
Licenses & Certifications
- Completion of LOMA insurance courses I and II are required within the first year of employment.
Supervision & Leadership
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Systems Analysis (2 years of experience is required)
- OIPA Configuration (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Oracle Insurance Policy Admin (2 years of experience is preferred)
- SQL DBA (2 years of experience is required)
- XML (2 years of experience is preferred)
- JSON (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Java (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Java Script (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.