The OCCUPANCY SPECIALIST is responsible to assist the Property Manager by completing resident paperwork. The OCCUPANCY SPECIALIST handles all resident move-in and recertification processing paperwork by following HUD and NJHMFA regulations and guidelines.
The OCCUPANCY SPECIALIST will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Responsible for determining housing assistance eligibility, occupancy standards, income calculations and allowances.
- Responsible for processing all resident initial certifications and recertification’s on time for rent and eligibility for assistance.
- Responsible for recertification notifications to all residents.
- Schedules and conducts annual resident interviews to determine eligibility.
- Performs all verifications of information pertinent to resident recertifications.
- Ensures proper calculation of income, assets, rent levels, etc.
- Coordinates apartment inspections for recertification. Inspects apartments, if requested.
- Explains documents to residents.
- Explains rent determination to residents.
- Prepare leases and required move-in and move-out forms.
- Prepare vacancy claims on every move-in and move-out where unit is eligible for claim.
- Prepare monthly transmittals for transfer of security deposit funds for move-in and move-outs that occur during the month.
- Maintain accurate and timely statistical reports as requested.
- Process information in the Real Page system (e.g., update income, assets, demographics, and notes).
- Maintain neat and easily accessible files pertaining to resident recertifications in accordance with HUD and LIHTC regulations.
- Report all liability and property incidents to Property Manager immediately.
- Assist office staff on other tasks, including collection and posting of rents, social activities, and answering the phones.
- Must be able to deal with confused, aggressive and upset residents daily.
- Performs duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Work as part of a team as well as complete assignments independently.
- Maintains a professional, compassionate and welcoming attitude toward other duties as assigned.
Position requires at least l-year experience in affordable housing (HUD/LIHTC) property management. Must have basic computer knowledge. Experience using RealPage software is preferred. COS/HCCP/Equivalent Certification preferred.
Work Hours: Part Time Day Position Available. 16-24 hours/week. Flexible schedule. The ideal work schedule is anytime 10AM to 4PM, with hours split over 4-5 days/week.
EMET Realty, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.