Built-in 1973 Dignity Health Methodist Hospital of Sacramento is committed to providing daily excellence in health care for residents of Sacramento’s southern suburbs including the Elk Grove Wilton and Galt communities. Methodist Hospital is home to a 158 acute-care bed facility with 1120 employees 283 medical staff and 29 Emergency Department beds. Methodist Hospital also owns and operates Bruceville Terrace – a 171-bed sub-acute skilled nursing long-term care facility adjacent to the hospital that provides care for the elderly as well as those requiring extended recoveries. Methodist Hospital is home to the Family Medicine Residency Program an accredited and nationally recognized program which provides resident physicians with specialty training in primary care family medicine. Together the hospital and residency program implemented a ground-breaking curriculum addressing the identification treatment and assistance of human trafficking victims and created a one-of-a-kind health clinic for victims the Human Trafficking Medical Home.Responsibilities:
- Position Summary:Plans the overall nursing care and functions in the Med/Surg Tele nursing unit during an assigned shift. Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift. Assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient's condition and the employee's skill level. Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to them. Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to Surgical Acute. Assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient's condition and the employee's skill level.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to them.
- Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (e.g., ADN).
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic Life Support (BLS) and ACLS. Other credentials or credential modules may be required.