Dignity Health Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a 370-bed not-for-profit Level 2 Trauma Center located in Carmichael, California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south Placer County for more than 50 years. It is one of the area’s largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the community’s well-being, our staff and volunteers provide excellence in care for our patients each year. Mercy San Juan Medical Center has received recognition for being a Comprehensive Stroke Center and Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, along with Certificates of Excellence in Perinatal Care, Hip- and Knee- Replacement.
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift. Assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient's condition and the employee's skill level.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to them.
- Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
$5,000 - Sign On Bonus offered for new hires. Per policy, current employees are not eligible.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (e.g., ADN).
- Current CA RN license
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience (L&D) as a registered nurse.
- AHA BLS, ACLS and NRP certificate
- NCC fetal monitoring certificate or Advanced Fetal Monitoring course completion within 6 months of hire
- Fetal monitoring experience
- Current Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) or related healthcare field
- Completion of Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) or related field within 3 years of hire
- Cesarean section experience preferred