Software Video Backend Engineer
The ON24 Digital Experiences Platform is a one-stop suite that enables companies to create live personalized customer experiences that seamlessly feed data into other relevant business process management solutions and create real-time revenue. Across the platform, using Live Experiences, Always-On Experiences, and Personalized Experiences, companies have found the new formula for success:
- Digital experiences create engagement.
- Engagement delivers data.
- Data ?nds demand.
- Demand drives revenue.
In the last six years, ON24 has undertaken a pivot and become the largest, private B2B MarTech company in the world. Over this period, the company has leveraged its tremendous scale and brand equity that boasts over 2,500 global blue-chip customers across a dozen verticals to own the emerging Digital Experiences market.
Join our growing team and change the future of Digital Experiences.
- Design and implement our critical and scalable video delivery services.
- Take ownership of one or more media streaming services from design to deployment.
- Develop new features, improve existing features, and fix bugs.
- Explore new opportunities and drive solutions to improve the system scalability, resilience, and performance.
- Promote software engineering best practices by leveraging CI/CD, test automation, etc.
- Work across interdisciplinary teams to understand features, operation, and specify enhancements to our platform.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and mentor junior developers.
- Write and maintain documentation to allow team to scale.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Hands on programming experience in Java.
- Experience writing maintainable code with test coverage.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and affinity for technical innovation.
- Experience with Linux, especially with regards to the networking.
- Working knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, CMAF, RTMP, etc.
- Experience in developing/deploying media streaming services in the cloud.
- Knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc.
- Understanding of CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc).
- Experience working with Closed Captioning standards, DRM and related technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Wowza Streaming Engine is a big plus.
- Knowledge of multimedia tools like FFmpeg is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Python is optional.
Type: Full time.
Location: Remote- San Francisco, CA (primary) and Charlotte, North Carolina