Creativity, innovative thinking, and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus at the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process, from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products – and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and foodservice segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country and international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive but engaged in creating the future – the company’s and their own.
The Service Engineer will develop, implement and support the continuous improvement efforts of the Beloit manufacturing plant. This position will lead projects which focus on process control, integration, and automation of existing and new equipment and processes. This position will also supervise the electrical technician staff and provide guidance for troubleshooting and root cause analysis of electrical and automation-related breakdowns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and support for the operation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of electrical, manufacturing instrumentation, and process control systems.
- Implement improvements in systems capabilities that will increase the ability to meet customer requirements (including safe and reliable operations and improve business competitiveness).
- Work closely with the Line Leadership, Technical/Manufacturing Resources, operators, and mechanics to understand the business, site needs, and user needs and priorities (voice of the customer)
- Provide Instrumentation and Process Control assistance for the manufacturing area in various technologies, primarily Allen Bradley controls.
- Provide programming support and commission new instrumentation, equipment, and processes.
- Administration of Allen Bradley PLC systems, including monitoring and upkeep of applications, documentation of electrical systems, control panels, and programs.
- Troubleshoot and replace system hardware, resolve software malfunctions, and manage software upgrades.
- Work with maintenance to develop improvement options to address reliability issues in process, packaging, and utility systems.
- Actively supports a wide variety of formal and informal Maintenance and Engineering projects and other duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge with Clean In Place (CIP), Aseptic, Fluid Flow systems, packing line integration and utility controls.
- Superior technical skills relative to controls, instrumentation, industrial networks, systems integration, and documentation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, some project management experience is desired
- Electrical trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment with multiple projects under time constraints.
PLC: SLC 500, Micrologix (1000, 1100, 1200, 1500), ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix; Robotic: ABB, FANUC, Kinetix 6000; AC Drives: Allen Bradley Powerflex 525, Powerflex 4, Powerflex 70); HMI: Allen Bradley Panelview Standard, Panelview Plus;
Allen Bradley RSLogix (500, 5000), FT View (ME, SE), Ethernet IP, RSLinx, Drive Explorer, FT Asset Centre, VantagePoint, FT Historian (ME, SE); Wonderware Intouch Developer; Windows (XP, Windows Office Suite); ACAD 2012 (wire diagrams, panel design)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Four or more years of service engineering experience including PLC, HMIs, servo motion control, and robotics. Food processing/manufacturing preferred.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.