- $20-22/hr (based on experience)
- 4-Day Work Week, Monday-Thursday (some mandatory Sundays).
- This is a NIGHT position, shift starts at 6 pm.
- Assist in receiving dock operations by loading or unloading shipments.
- Mechanically use a forklift, pallet jacks, or order-picker, using a full range of peripheral vision to operate such equipment safely.
- Place and/or pull stock from storage areas of the warehouse.
- Ensure that the wheels of all trucks being unloaded have their wheels chocked before unloading begins.
- Pick cases from bulk locations to fill forward pick locations.
- Stock forward pick locations in the bottle room and the full case line in a neat and orderly manner.
- Restock bottle and case returns from customer orders.
- Pick VIA orders for Salesmen and Customers.
- Stores place product, 360 products, and 370 products as directed by the supervisor.
- Sort pallets by size.
- Handling of broken cases including the re-boxing of good bottles and sending the broken ones to the dump location.
- Leave equipment in good working order and free of all trash for the next shift.
- Ensure the cleanliness of an assigned area of the warehouse.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Wear all company-issued safety equipment.
- Report any damage to the equipment and building to a supervisor as soon as it happens.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, and battery change station.
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping.
- Must be able to regularly sit and operate machinery such as a forklift.
- It May require working at heights of 8 feet or greater.
- Additional hours may be required during October, November, and December and other peak periods.
- Must be able to frequently lift/lower, push, carry, or pull 56lbs.
About Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits:
Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is the largest distributor of beverage alcohol in North America, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company. Southern Glazer’s has a proud history of consistently delivering impeccable service in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia, and Canada. It’s all made possible by our employees. Our careers focus on delivering a captivating and rewarding experience. Challenging our colleagues every step of the way, we provide the tools for them to grow, succeed and accomplish both their personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service for our suppliers and our customers while we put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.Southern Glazer’s is nationally recognized by its supplier partners as well as by its customers for its state-of-the-art distribution capabilities and its leading-edge information technology. We also believe in the importance of giving back, being a socially responsible corporate citizen and making generous contributions to national, state and local charitable organizations.