Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Must be willing and able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance within a reasonable amount of time after hire, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Network Design Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- As part of a Network Design team, creates Bills of Material (Hardware and Software) for Network Devices, develops network device configurations, and tests those networks systems to ensure designs meet applicable DOD customer specifications.
- Create test plans, procedures, and write test reports.
- Troubleshoot complex networks.
- Participates in Modeling and Simulation
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal work groups
- Works under limited direction
- Contact with Deputy Program Managers Engineering (DPME) and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
- Frequent contact with external customers
- Travel may be required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficient knowledge of TCP/IP and Network Devices and Network Test Equipment (Spirent/Ixia).
- Proficient with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Recognizes various architectural patterns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Cisco Certified Network/Design Professional with expertise in Wireshark and protocol Analysis
Minimum Salary:USD $102,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $113,700.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran