Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $15,000 for New Hires Only
Do you want to develop cutting-edge web applications and software to support our nation’s critical law enforcement initiatives? Do you want to make an impact by building and maintaining software using state-of-the-art technologies and tools?
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages you to learn new things and keep your skills up-to-date? Does having your work directly impact federal agents, as well as be seen by members of Congress seem intriguing? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you! At GDMS, “Mission” is not just a buzzword: we provide our customers with essential tools to successfully execute and complete their mission and to keep our nation safe. As a talented, driven, and motivated .NET Software Engineer, you can be a part of making that mission a success.
Our team supports a number of Web-based applications that incorporate modern technologies like .NET Core, Elastic and Solr Search, and responsive user interface technologies including jQuery and React. We’re also in the process of migrating some of our applications to an Azure cloud environment. Our ideal software engineer will be able to work as a full stack developer, but we’re particularly interested if you have significant UI / front-end development and Azure skills.
For this position, you will:
- Design, develop and deliver web applications and software for new and existing programs
- Participate in our Agile Software Development (Scrum) process, including sprint demos to our customer and user stakeholders
- Evaluate and implement enhancements and modifications to existing Web application and back-end software
- Take ownership for your areas of responsibility while working as part of the entire team
You must meet the following qualifications to be considered for this position:
- This position requires a bachelors degree in a specialized area or equivalent field and at least six years of related experience; or masters degree and three to five years of related experience. In lieu of meeting the education requirements, additional years of experience are required.
- Minimum of 3 years web application development using C# and related Microsoft technologies
Experience in the following areas are "nice to have" and will make you a stronger candidate:
- Entity Framework or other ORM frameworks (e.g., NHibernate)
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Search technologies like Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch
- Git, Jenkins, and continuous integration
- Familiarity with Responsive Web Design, HTML5 and CSS3
- Automated testing tools and frameworks
- Data visualization techniques and libraries, e.g., D3.js, DC.js, svg/Canvas, Leaflet
Minimum Salary:USD $124,300.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $137,250.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran