Current ASNT Level 2 or 3 Certification in Ultrasonics (Radiography Level 3 Film and Digital a plus)
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related Science or Mathematics field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Comparing defects against standards and recommending disposition, as a Senior Quality Engineer your talent will be front and center. You’ll participate in team meetings, collect, organize and analyze project data, verify corrective action implementation, and verify implementation of rework. You’ll also perform audits, determine and manage the handling of “returned products”, and author QA processing documentation. We’ll rely on you to determine and evaluate root causes and corrective actions. You’ll mentor other personnel and participate as a member of a concurrent engineering team and participate in concurrent engineering development..
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often classified
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations. J-STD_001, 002, IPC 610, MIL-STD-883, or NASA std’s certification may be required within 30 days of hire
- Very Strong electrical or mechanical technology
- Exceptional knowledge of standards – ISO 9001:2000, CMMI, ISO 14001, ASME, ANSI, EIA, etc.
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Nondestructive Test Lab:
- Current ASNT Level 3 Certification in Ultrasonics (Radiography Level 3 Film and Digital a plus)
- Formulate NDT inspections procedures for customer approval
- Train and certify Level 1 and Level 2 technicians in ultrasonic inspection
- Maintain certification records
- Lead customer NDT audits and internal audits
- Develop and validate customer compliant ultrasonic calibration standards (composite)
- Maintain the company certification procedure compliant to NAS 410
- Oversee operation, maintenance and programming of ultrasonic C-scan equipment (Boeing AUSS 13 and two IRT ScanMaster immersion systems)
- Order required NDT support equipment, maintenance and supplies
- Evaluate scope of work and provide bid estimates for NDT related work
- Represent the company in all aspects relating to NDT (interface with customers on NDI issues)
- Maintain VA State license for operation of three X-ray machines and associated X-ray vaults
- Oversee and support daily NDT operations for 6 NDI technicians supporting 10 current programs
- Calibrate ultrasonic flaw detectors and C-scan equipment mechanical accuracies
#CJ1Minimum Salary:USD $120,400.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $133,600.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran