Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve just found it.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Test Engineer, you’ll participate in the planning of technical approaches, resources, schedules, budgets and equipment required for the testing and evaluating of new systems, products and special devices. Utilizing your expert knowledge and understanding of test engineering concepts and principles, you’ll prepare test and diagnostic programs, design test fixtures and equipment, and complete specifications and procedures throughout the engineering development lifecycle.
Duties and Tasks
- Supports planning for, execution of, and documentation for system verification throughout the engineering development lifecycle, generating system test work products
- Prepares and executes test cases and procedures for new products
- Develops and conducts functional, operational, and/or performance tests on hardware, software, and systems
- Assists with the design, development and implementation of cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting of hardware, software and systems for all phases of product development
- Travel may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Excellent knowledge of other related disciplines such as software, hardware, mechanical and systems engineering
- Excellent in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent awareness of business objectives and Engineering’s role in achieving
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran