CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: [Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire.] Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nationâ€™s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. Thatâ€™s the challenge thatâ€™s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
Working successfully within a team, the Software Engineer will assist project leaders in the research, design, development and testing of software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. This may include coding, testing and documenting software solutions to advance our technology solutions.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Test Script development using Eggplant
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Clear understanding of the software development process
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.