Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
The Maintenance Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining production equipment to ensure the daily production requirements at Mercedes-Benz Vans are obtained. Open positions are located in our Body, Paint, and Assembly shop.
- Ability to properly size circuit conductors, circuit protector devices, ability to run conduit if needed, install electrical equipment, wire and unwire equipment as needed
- Perform repair work including necessary disassembly and re-assembly of production equipment
- Perform equipment PM tasks to ensure manufacturer recommended specifications are maintained
- Maintains repair and maintenance records
- Must understand how to use VOM and other testing related equipment to identify electrical problems
- Identify and analyze errors and malfunctions as they relate to the items below:
- Intermittent/inconsistent electrical and mechanical failures on production equipment
- PLC’s, 24v control circuits, 480v 3phase systems, 4-20ma circuits, VFD’s (Lenze), PC controllers, and fieldbus technology/control technology
- Complex mechanical components such as pumps, motors, bearings, etc.
- Execute modernizations, extensions, and modifications according to specifications and/or sketches of electrical drawings. If necessary, adjust PLC programming and utilize PLC to troubleshoot issues. Independently construct or design equipment with use of PLC, BUS-Systems, Network Technology, Mechanical Components, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems and Cooling/Lubrication Systems
- Perform daily equipment checks, monitoring production equipment performance
- Optimize resources and installations(idea generation and planning)
- Changing processes
- Changing process parameters
- Changing hardware
- Modification of software (PLC, PC, etc.)
- Perform cycle time analysis and optimize as needed
- Interact with and support associates within assigned production areas
- Procurement of operative materials, equipment, and service providers
- Travel and/or overtime may be required
- All other duties as required to support business needs
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Preferred: 5+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 4 years relevant experience; OR Relevant assoc. degree + 2 years relevant experience
- Required: 4+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 3 years relevant experience; OR Relevant associates degree + 1 year relevant experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Indirectly relevant experience: experience working with automation equipment, mechanical repairs, working toward a related degree or certification
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of industrial AC/DC electricity [24V – 480V], mechanical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics required
- Experience changing out bearing and motors preferred
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Office, email)
- PLC/BUS (Siemens, S7 TIA-Portal) system education and/or experience strongly preferred
- Robotics (Kuka, Durr) experience strongly preferred
- Oven and paint booth supply air maintenance experience preferred (i.e. Maxon Gas Train)
- Pumping system maintenance experience preferred
- Conveyor system maintenance experience preferred
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s, Lenze drives) experience preferred
- Strong communications skills (listening, speaking, writing)
- Previous industrial maintenance experience in body, paint, or assembly in automotive manufacturing is strongly preferred
Hours of Work: Night Shift. Rotational 4 days work and 3 days off. Normal hours of work for night shift are currently 7:00pm to 7:30am, but the hours may be subject to change based on the needs of the business. You will be on a rotational schedule within your offered shift.
- EXCELLENT COMPENSATION – Pay increase every 6 months
- RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED
- BENEFITS PLAN – Health, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD,
- 401k MATCHING
- VEHICLE LEASE AND PURCHASE PROGRAM
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC has invested more than 500 million U.S. dollars in the new Sprinter plant, which officially opened in 2018. Today the MBV facility provides more than 1,600 jobs and supports at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers. More than 200,000 Sprinter and Metris vans have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations across the U.S. since 2006. Therefore, MBV celebrates a 15-year legacy of SKD production in 2021. The U.S. is the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.