Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Agile experience preferred, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire, with SCI/SAP highly desired. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Mission Architect, Systems Engineer to define and develop multi-domain mission concepts and implementation plans to enable General Dynamics to position for new and emerging multiple domain missions more effectively. The position provides an opportunity to enhance GDMS’ space, ground, and multi-domain capabilities in supporting some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that carry out high-stakes national security missions and our Mission Architects are essential to working with our current and prospective customers to define concepts for evolving current missions and creating new national security mission capabilities.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Implements mission-level strategies, roadmaps, and cohesive integrated plans for GDMS to create and evolve mission capabilities to meet business and program objectives while enhancing quality and time-to-market
- Prepares and presents program/product status to leadership and external customers.
- Participates in development and execution of strategies, to improve the competitiveness of the organization through professional growth & development, strategic hiring, strategic partnering, and acquisitions.
- Serves in cross-functional program teams in a matrix organization to achieve schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives.
- Executes project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Interfaces with customers on technical matters regarding mission concepts and capabilities, program/products and customer requirements.
- Develops customer relationships and develops new business within the market/program
- Responds to market/scope changes and develops recommendations for product/program feature, schedule, and cost/price changes.
- Performs mission concept development in pre-proposal and proposal phases.
- Develops Digital Engineering models and artifacts for concept definition, development, evaluation, simulation and wargaming.
- Develops technical personnel to grow GDMS internal capabilities and to ensure efficient operation of technical activities.
- Participates across GDMS and with customers to apply digital engineering capabilities to develop, align, and employ digital engineering processes, templates, and reusable elements to evolve the GDMS digital engineering ecosystem for broader application to multiple programs and mission concepts throughout the concept and system lifecycle.
- Works side-by-side with senior mission architects, systems engineers, system modelers, and simulation engineers to create, develop, and demonstrate (simulate and visualize) extensions to current mission capabilities and new mission capabilities and simulations supporting pre-proposal, proposal, and system development efforts.
- Supports advocacy of new and evolved mission capabilities within GDMS and with current and prospective national security customers.
- Prepares and presents visualization of mission and system concepts, simulations, and evaluations to internal leadership and external customers.
- Supports the development of mission architecting strategies and development and executes those strategies on multiple projects.
- May be required to travel
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in defining, developing, and evaluating concepts for and implementations of national security missions.
- Knowledge of products and technologies applicable to national security space and multi-domain missions, including current and potential applications.
- Knowledge of national security space customer markets.
- Knowledge of government planning, programming, budgeting, acquisition, and contracting practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation techniques and tools for end-to-end missions
- Familiarity with Cameo/MagicDraw systems modeler or enterprise architect using SysML and DoDAF architecture frameworks, Systems Toolkit (AGI’s STK), Excell, and MatLab.
- Familiarity with agile, continuous integration, continuous deployment approaches and techniques.
- Experienced at interacting at senior levels of industry and customer management.
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions on programs to internal and external representatives
- Demonstrated leadership of lements of a program with significant delivery or technical risk.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to identify partnership candidates best suited to fill product gaps.
- Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and identify issues, track progress, and follow through on effective corrective actions based on data analysis and trends
- Ability to guide teams in matrix organization to achieve schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives
- Ability to execute proposal plans and strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills imparting highly-technical concepts and matters to internal and external representatives and customers at multiple levels.
© General Dynamics Mission Systems 12450 Fair Lakes Cir, Fairfax, VA 22033
Minimum Salary:USD $142,446.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $158,074.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran