Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
FLEX SCHEDULE FOR NOW, GOING INTO THE OFFICE WHEN NEEDED.Responsibilities for this Position:
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, youâ€™ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, youâ€™ll participate in electrical requirements analysis, functional analysis and performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.) for the design, integration and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems. Youâ€™ll make an impact throughout the electrical development life cycle and your talent will be put to a world-class test.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
- Being an individual contributor within the electrical engineering design group that develops Hardware Configuration Items and Subsystem Level electrical design
- Providing guidance to entry-level Electrical Engineers
- Interfacing with vendors for product development
- Interfacing with other GDMS engineering disciplines
- Attending internal and customer formal design reviews both as Presenter and Reviewer
- Occasional travel to vendors and Field Sites
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in electrical engineering, a related specialized area or field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree
- Solid use of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proven knowledge of electrical engineering processes and design tools
What sets you apart:
- Ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Solid communication skills to interact effectively with work groups, project leaders and program managers
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
ABOUT GENERAL DYNAMICS IN PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark Art Institute and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also a recreation hub with mountains for hiking or mountain biking, multiple lakes, ski areas, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer. Boston and New York City are both less than a 3 hour drive away.
The Berkshires are Calling!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran