Looking to expand your skills as a Financial Analyst and work with a great company? Check out this opportunity and apply today!
Serco provides the latitude to learn and develop through meaningful experiences that have a direct and tangible impact on our employees. We take pride in providing the highest quality service and helping others find and build careers at Serco. Our passion for people has resulted in Serco being named Forbes ‘Best Large Employer’ and ‘Best Employer for Women’, and most recently NAVEX Global 2021 Excellence in Corporate Culture Impact.
The Financial Analyst participates in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. This role will be a key member of the program team and works directly with the Program Manager to help define the project's goals and objectives; and recommends actions to improve progress and performance. The Financial Analyst will have significant interface with Program/Project Managers, senior technical staff, as well as other functional organizations including contracts, finance, accounts receivable, subcontract management and procurement.
In this role, you will:
- Provide cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to Program Managers including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Lead project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
- Prepare program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Review and assess all contract modifications.
- Advise the program management team of impacts as necessary.
- Monitor costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number.
- Process cost transfers as required.
- Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
- Prepare accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
- Prepare/Support Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Requires an Associates Degree
- United States Citizenship
- 2-4 years experience in government contracting.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills required.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
Additional desired skills and experience:
- Deltek Costpoint
- Cost and Schedule experience
- Report generation experience
- SQL and/or MS Access knowledge a plus.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).