Georgia United Credit Union is a full-service financial institution founded in 1958. As an organization that is committed to service, our vision is to become the financial institution and employer of choice by consistently exceeding our member and team member expectations.
We are seeking full-time Member Service Support Specialist. Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing internal and external mail deposits, loan payments, and cashier’s checks. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies check totals. Supports includes daily reconcilement, records management, research, and other department projects. Ensures that members, team members and vendors are promptly and professionally served. Ensures that all aspects of the credit union’s BSA/AML compliance policy are followed.
- Processes all incoming mail transactions and accurately balances at the end of each workday.
- Processes payoffs, gift cards, batch checks, Remit Plus and Remit Central.
- Processes all incoming account maintenance by mail and return mail statements.
- Accurately process transactions provided by other departments.
- Assist with bi-weekly ITM balancing.
- Process research requests and scan company-wide documents to vault imaging system.
- Monitors deposit amounts and examines documents for proper endorsement and negotiability. Promptly reports suspected fraudulent activity in accordance with Credit Union procedures.
- Participates in all department testing as needed.
- Maintains the privacy of member account information. Obtains member authorization as required by Credit Union procedures for release of information concerning their accounts.
- Promotes and establishes strong, positive, and productive working relationships within the organization through commitment to the company’s vision statement, core values and business principles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years prior cash handling experience required. 1-2 years teller experience preferred.
- Good math and/or accounting skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial products and services typically provided in a retail banking environment.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet, and Email.
We offer competitive compensation and a multiple-option benefit package including health, vision, dental, basic and optional life, short and long-term disability, paid time off, annual time off, service days, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and company matching, FSA, HSA, and tuition assistance.
All applications for employment must be submitted using Georgia United’s online careers website. Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and requirements will be considered for career opportunities.
To apply for opportunities, please visit: https://bit.ly/3bEQfpw
Georgia United Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Georgia United participates in E-Verify