The Medical Office Coordinator (Clinic) is responsible for providing support to physicians and allied health professionals within a busy ambulatory setting and to ensure efficient operations by providing excellent customer service to patients, other staff members, and external parties.
In this role, you will provide support to the department and manager by coordinating schedule requests; assisting in the review and development of orientation materials and training of new employees; involvement with other continuous quality improvement activities.
Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Effectively manage the flow of medical information internally and externally
- Patiently act as liaison between patient and health care providers and external patient related providers
- Accurately enter information into electronic health record.
- Accurately follow guidelines to triage all incoming calls taking independent action where possible
- Provide general information about the clinic and its services
- Participate in issue-specific groups upon assignment. Report back any issues that affect or require a team decision
- Utilize automated scheduling system to analyze provider’s daily/weekly schedule
- Perform other functions and duties, as assigned, to support the practice.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Certificate from a business school or program
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical office/reception setting or other customer service oriented position
- ABR-OE certification preferred.
- Experience with windows operating systems & Microsoft office
- Experience with automated medical record and registration/scheduling systems preferred
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks and procedures, e.g. clinical programs offered at Joslin and advanced automated telephone systems
- Strong ability to multi-task while also maintaining professional demeanor
- Demonstrated skills include exceptional customer service, team building and problem solving
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.