Full-time Evenings - 40 Hours/Week
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE: Sign on Bonus up to $15,000.00
This position is responsible for conducting a variety of tests on patient samples (blood, various body fluids, cells, and tissue, etc.) to detect the presence or absence of health conditions. Using biomedical instrumentation, microscopes, and computers to study samples obtained from patients, the Medical Laboratory Scientist provides data to physicians and health care providers for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university including courses in biological science, chemistry and mathematics, AND successful completion of a National Accreditation Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), accredited Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) program OR Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and bachelor's degree with 2 years full time lab experience in an accredited lab.
Experience in an accredited lab is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Medical Laboratory Scientist or eligibility for certification by a nationally recognized certifying agency such as:• American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)• National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA)• American Medical Technologies (AMT)• Department of Health, Education and Welfare (HEW) • or other laboratory certifying agency is required.
Certification must be received within 180 days of hire.
Physician Enterprise: Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certification is preferred.
Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS provides a benefits package designed to support the overall well-being of our colleagues including their physical, emotional, financial, spiritual, and work health. Colleagues budgeted to work at least 32 hours per pay period are eligible for HSHS benefits.
- Comprehensive and affordable health coverage includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage for full-time and part-time colleagues.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one balance to allow you the flexibility to use your time off as you need.
- Retirement benefits include an HSHS Pension Plan and Retirement Savings Plan with HSHS matching contributions.
- Education Assistance benefits include up to $4,000 of educational assistance each calendar year and tuition discounts to select colleges with no waiting period.
- Adoption Assistance provides financial support up to $7,500 for colleagues growing their families through adoption to reimburse application and legal fees, transportation, and more!
- Other benefits include: Wellness program with incentives, employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, ID theft coverage, colleague rewards and recognition program, discount program, and more!