$3000 Sign On Bonus
A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician,
assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the
- Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her
- specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing,
- assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients? physical and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient?s medical record in accordance with practice?s charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
- Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in
- accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially
- infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments
- for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other
- health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
Required: High school diploma/GED required; Completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program OR equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of educationExperience
Preferred: One year of experience working in a physician officeCertifications
Required: Medical Assistant preferred (required in some departments, will allow 90 days to obtain it) and CPR/BLS certification is required
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.