Selectek is currently working with a client to find a Mechanical Plumbing Engineer to produce plans, organize, and execute plumbing and fire protection portions of the engineering work on a project. The Plumbing Engineer is responsible for the application of an extensive and diversified knowledge of plumbing engineering principles and practices.
Pay Range: $28/hr. - $36/hr. DOE
NW Milwaukee, WI area
6 month Temp to Perm
- Assist the Client in establishing basic design concepts.
- Review the design data and make certain that it adequately complies with the Owner and Governing Code requirements.
- Review all job-related information received from the Client on all projects in order to have a comprehensive knowledge of this information. It is very important that everyone working on a job be familiar with changes and all other facets of the job, as it affects their work.
- Check the design for the precise purpose of making certain that it is adequate, economical, practical, and in compliance with the job requirements. Initiate adequate and comprehensive checking procedures to be followed on all projects. Review and check all drawings and specifications prior to release.
- Review the engineering progress schedules and manpower requirements of each job and verify the practicability and possibility of meeting the schedules based on the manpower, design information, etc., available for each job.
- Provide advanced planning of all work within the company and the assignment of manpower within his/her discipline, such that the personnel are employed to maximum advantage at all times and most beneficially for each job.
- Engineer/design projects to accommodate the needs of the workload.
- Make sure catalogs are updated by vendors.
- Attend design meetings as required.
- Answer all questions that the engineers/CAD employees present.
- Do required fieldwork as required.
- Redline design documents as required.
- Make sure projects get to Clients on a timely basis.
- Write project specifications pursuant to code.
- Review project shop drawings.
- Provide construction services assistance.
- Conduct construction closeout inspection (punch list).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in plumbing/fire protection engineering and design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Prior experience working at a Design/Build, A&E, or MEP firm.
- EIT or PE License.
- Prior experience with educational (K-12 or Higher Educational) or Institutional projects.
For immediate consideration please send an updated Word version of your resume to Aaron Tibbetts at email@example.com
Selectek is a member of the American Staffing Association, which promotes legal, ethical, and professional practices for the staffing industry. All employees at Selectek are certified by the American Staffing Association through the Certified Staffing Professional® and Technical Services Certified? programs. ASA certification programs help our employees:
- Protect the rights of our candidates and employees
- Avoid missteps that could result in costly legal proceedings
- Add value to our business relationships by demonstrating commitment to our clients
- Make clients aware of their co-employment obligations and responsibilities
- Expand our knowledge of the industry and elevate our professionalism
- Gain professional recognition for demonstrating knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law
Source : Selectek, Inc.