Nelson Forensics, LLC is a progressive, multi-disciplined consulting firm dedicated to providing world-class responsiveness and expert solutions to a complex array of forensic problems. Nelson has built a rock-solid reputation for providing detailed and fact-based investigations for property owners, for the insurance industry, and in the legal arena. Nelson's highly skilled team of professionals assess damage from perils such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, explosions, fires, windstorms, hail, structural failures, design defects, and construction defects. We also provide remedial solutions to remediate such damage. We continue to grow as a national firm and are looking to expand our testing laboratory. Nelson Forensics continues to grow as a national firm and is actively seeking exceptional talent to add to its team of experts.
For detailed information regarding Nelson Forensics, visit www.nelsonforensics.com .
Nelson Forensics' Mission:
- We provide exceptional responsiveness to our clients;
- We provide trusted, ethical, qualified, and properly licensed professionals for each assignment;
- We deliver fact-based, defensible answers to our clients' questions based upon thorough application of the scientific method;
- We deliver credible, dependable, and defensible results in a timely manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and a flexible, yet professional, work environment. We value our employees, encourage teamwork and continuous professional development, and reward exceptional service.
Nelson Forensics is seeking to add qualified, confident, personable, and communicative Mechanical Engineers to its team of experts.
The qualified candidate will conduct forensic investigations in accordance with the scientific method, utilizing detailed field investigation techniques and command of core engineering principles. The position affords the candidate experience with a wide breadth of project types, varying in size, duration, and complexity; while providing the opportunity to develop depth in personally desired areas of expertise.
Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conduct investigations to determine the origin and cause of failures in mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems and equipment in commercial, industrial, healthcare, educational, hospitality, and residential applications;
- Evaluate mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems and equipment to identify design and construction defects in commercial, industrial, healthcare, educational, hospitality, and residential applications;
- Analysis of building envelopes and HVAC systems for pressure, temperature, and humidity control deficiencies in commercial, healthcare, and hospitality applications;
- Perform damage assessments of mechanical systems and equipment that have sustained damage from perils such as explosion, fire, flood, wind, hail, hurricane, lightning, mold, and water intrusion;
- Prepare scopes for remediation and repair of existing mechanical systems;
- Prepare clear, concise, cohesive, accurate, and defensible reports;
- Communicate regularly and directly with a variety of clients;
- Manage concurrent projects with varying sizes, scopes, client types, and durations;
- Provide deposition, mediation, arbitration and/or trial testimony.
- Strong command of fundamental mechanical engineering principles;
- Strong analytical skills and the desire and ability to tackle complex problems;
- Working knowledge of building codes and ability to conduct independent research of codes, standards, and other technical references;
- The ability to clearly communicate engineering principles, verbally and in writing, to audiences with varying technical proficiency;
- Desire and ability to multi-task;
- Prompt responsiveness to inquiries from peers and clients, sometimes outside of normal working hours;
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule and travel. Travel is a requirement of the position, occasionally with little advance notice;
- Desire to continually develop and refine technical knowledge through targeted continuing education.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required;
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering or related field a plus;
- Five to ten years of facilities operations, construction, and/or design experience related to mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and/or fire protection systems and equipment preferred; candidates with less will be considered;
- Active Professional Engineering (P.E.) license acquired by examination is required;
- NCEES record desired.