Global Networking company based in San Jose is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Design Engineer responsible for measurements and acquiring data of hardware equipment.
Implement the selected design using Creo 3D CAD and provide all the necessary drawings, critical to function dimensions, and 3D files to allow the design to be prototyped and manufactured.
Design heat sinks using guidance from thermal simulations and create the drawings and 3D files to prototype and manufacture the parts.
Provide 3D models to be used in thermal simulations.
Provide PCB design drawings and 3D files to the ECAD design team. Work with the electrical engineer and PCB layout to address placement concerns. Check the final design of the PCB.
Schedule and manage peer and cross-functional team reviews of your design.
- Extensive experience with Creo
- Design of mechanical aspects of PCBA (connectors or other board items a plus)
- Sheetmetal enclosure experience (complex designs a plus)
- Design constraints associated with sheet metal, plastic, PCB layout and die-cast design.
- Familiarity with PTC Creo & Pro E.
- Good knowledge/use of MS or Open Office is a must.
- Design of and manufacturing of fixtures for experiments, components for prototypes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and 2+ years of EMS design experience.
- MBD (3D PDF) preferred.
- Relevant experience in the mechanical design of computer/network equipment designed to operate in data centers is preferred.
- Experience designing sheet-metal parts using soft and hard tooling guidelines a plus.
Type: Contract, 6-12 months
Location: San Jose, CA (Hybrid)
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com