MBA Senior Consultant – Cognizant Consulting
The Cognizant Consulting team is a high performing organization that is continually expanding our client base and is increasingly being recommended by analysts such as Forrester and Gartner. As a Senior Consultant, you play a key role with responsibilities that range from analyzing a client's issues/objectives and interviewing key client stakeholders to developing recommendations and authoring presentations. You will participate and lead teams in both strategic advisory and transformation projects.
- Work directly with our clients, providing consulting services designed to help them solve their most complex business and technology issues
- Deliver outstanding client results, direct client personnel, prepare work plans and facilitate client teams to implement recommendations
- Work as a product owner/manager in agile based software delivery of transformation projects
- Facilitate joint working sessions with clients, develop value propositions and business cases in support of clients’ agendas
- Draw conclusions from the market / industry trends, client issues and support go to market initiatives for Cognizant
- Contribute to research, design and writing of articles/whitepapers and participate as a team member in collateral development
- Support business development activities in the form of gathering best practices for RFI/RFP responses and writing proposals
- Proactively support team building and on-boarding efforts via mentoring
- Consultants must choose an industry (vertical) or function (horizontal) group as a primary focus area to serve as a subject matter expert to clients. Senior Consultants are expected to dive deep into various industries and business processes within their focus area
- Currently pursuing MBA from top tier Business School.?Degree must be completed prior to joining.
- Overall, pre-MBA work experience of 3 to 6 years
- Significant work experience in North America
- Fluent English and local language skills (as required for international positions)
- Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and Project are required
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple time zones when necessary
- Ability to develop client relationships
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- A strong interest in technology and digital modernization
- Ability to define business requirements and capabilities to enable the building of software
- Strong project management, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Domain expertise in one of more of the following industries: Banking & Financial Services, Communications/Media/Technology, Insurance, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Manufacturing/Logistics, Energy/Utilities, Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel & Hospitality
Metro Atlanta-GA, Boston-MA, Chicago-IL, Dallas-TX, Hartford-CT, New York/New Jersey, Los Angeles-CA, San Francisco-CA and Washington DC, amongst others depending on practice area. Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of these major geographic areas. While we attempt to honor candidate location preferences, business need and position availability will determine the final location assignment.
MBA Senior Consultants will start in June or August 2023. While we will attempt to honor candidate start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment of June or August. Exact start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Business Unit Description
Cognizant Consulting is a global consulting organization delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. We are 5,500 experienced consultants strong and growing. As Technology becomes a more significant part of our clients’ products and services, there is even more demand for us to provide counsel, challenge our clients’ strategies in a respectful way, bring thought leadership, advance our clients’ growth agenda, and make them more competitive. Cognizant is known for transforming IT, but in addition to IT, our Industry consultants are taking a fresh look at our clients’ business model, their products and services every day.
Our consulting team connects our clients’ aspiration to the art of the possible and the broader Cognizant team delivers the future state. Our consulting team serves as the bridge between technology and business outcomes. As part of the team, you will be driving continuous innovation and benefits realization from strategy development through execution.
We serve the following industry domains:
- Banking & Financial Services
- Communications, Media & Technology
- Life Sciences
- Manufacturing, Logistics, Energy & Utilities
- Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel & Hospitality
We have opportunities within the following areas:
- Organizational Change Management
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Transformation Enablement
- Enterprise Processes
- Technology Modernization
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate’s diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary and Other Compensation
The annual salary for this position is $140,000.00 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Due to the nature of this position, Cognizant cannot provide sponsorship for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 08 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.