Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for a Materials Manager at its operation in Granite City, Illinois.
Amsted Rail is the world’s leading provider of fully integrated bogie systems for the heavy haul freight market, with facilities spanning 40 locations across 10 countries and 6 continents. Through their state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, Amsted Rail is redefining industry standards for innovation and technology, providing customers worldwide with unmatched performance and reliability for the long haul.
This position coordinates administration of procurement of plant goods and services to include raw materials, production supplies, capital equipment, MRO, and miscellaneous supplies for the Granite City facility. Supervises and directs the receipt, disbursement, and inventory of purchased goods to ensure adequate supplies of parts and materials as needed by production and maintenance to maintain maximum productivity.
- Major responsibilities include capital and repair projects – oversee scope of work preparation, competitive bidding, contractor site visits, vendor selection, contract preparation and execution. Negotiate acquisition of needed plant materials, supplies and services and plant maintenance contracts.
- Control principal supply (operating) inventories by – maintaining accurate records of quantities on hand, releasing, or requesting release and delivery of additional supplies.
- Support in-house maintenance effort by efficiently managing the procurement of maintenance, repair, and equipment spare parts. Maintain records for receipt and disbursement to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Work closely with the Finance Department for record requirements, inventory status and account payable support. Analyze and recommend opportunities for improved procedures or procurement strategies. Implement procedures for procuring materials, equipment, and services.
- Responsible to expedite emergency requirements or recover from unexpected stock outs – negotiate and manage relationships with suppliers other than principal suppliers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local vendors and contractors to ensure good, reliable sources of supply and information.
- Analyze purchase orders, construction agreements, rental & lease agreements, inventory reports, receiving information, and disbursement information.
- 4 Year degree in business, supply chain or related area
- 3-4 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain, materials management in manufacturing environment. Prior experience supervising/managing a team.
- Basic technical or specialized skills utilized in involved practices/procedures and/or scientific theory and principles of material management. Related experience, performs a variety of tasks with moderate level of supervision to varying specifications
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, attention to detail, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Computer skills to include email, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working for Amsted:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud, whether inside Amsted Rail or within one of our other five businesses within Amsted Industries.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) matching.
Visit our website at www.amstedrail.com. You will be impressed!
Amsted Rail’s commitment to Affirmative Action:
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To review our EEO Policies or to request assistance please go to www.amstedrail.com/careers/ and select EEO Compliance/Statements. To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.amstedrail.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description