(2nd & 3rd Shift include Shift Premium)
Goodman Manufacturing, a member of Daikin Industries has immediate openings for Material Handlers located at 19001 Kermier Road, Waller, Texas 77484. The Materials Handler stages parts/products in correct material and assembly areas. Distributes the parts/materials to various assembly stations. Monitors inventory of parts/materials to ensure adequate supply for production while stationed at the assembly line. To assist with the production and delivery of a quality product in a timely manner for internal and external customers. Eliminates scrap and additional costs using zero defects methods. Always work in a safe manner following the safety policies, housekeeping and environmental policies and work instructions. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careersatgoodman.com and submitting your resume.
2nd & 3rd Shift include shift premium
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.â€”an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, Quietflex, Motili and TMI.
- Maintain production of product by loading, unloading and staging materials and products being delivered by tugger / forklift operators
- Transfer parts/materials to assembly line stations and to ensure correct inventory of parts/materials are available
- Identify and label materials, and record their locations to maintain inventory
- Process job tickets and scan work order ticket into system
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow and comply with all safety and health regulations
- Follow safe work practices, protocols and company policies
- Wear / use designated PPE at all required times
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to perform duties with efficiency, safety, high quality and timely following work instructions to meet production requirements.
- Ability to interpret and follow work instructions including all safety policies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability identify correct parts/materials and ensure correct amounts; ability to count correctly-math skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to get along well, communicate timely and accurately with co-workers, supervisors and team leads
- Ability to pass in-house training program.
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Ability to operate air and hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, ratchets and screw guns.
- Requires physical labor and repetitive movement including lifting/moving product
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to stand long periods of time, 8-10 hours a day
- Ability to work overtime and flexible shifts as needed, including working up to a 5 to 7-day work week occasionally and/or during peak season
- Previous assembly / materials experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- On the job training, (The training provided to learn how to perform their basic job functions up to company standards. The training period lasts 3 days to 2 weeks in most cases)
- During training, operators have to be monitored by supervisor and/or managers until they confirm these tasks are being carried out properly
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. High volume manufacturing environment with forklift traffic. May have higher noise volume in areas â€“ hearing protection required. Requires ability to stand for long periods up to 8 to 10 hrs. PPE required such as steel toe shoes.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a personâ€™s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.