The Material Handler will work in a warehouse, records storage environment sorting, retrieving and filing records on behalf of our customer, the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). This is a full-time position with a schedule of 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. The position offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, sick leave and short-and long-term disability. The pay rate is $16.19 per hour (may have some room to negotiate) with additional Health & Welfare funds to apply to the cost of benefits.
- Ability to perform in a labor-intensive environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to climb ladders to reach shelving up to 15 feet high.
- Have the ability to pass a drug screen and a background check.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Locate containers or folders on shelving utilizing the location information listed on pull list or other provided reports. Containers/folders can be on floor or on shelving up to 15' high requiring the use of a pulpit ladder.
- Remove containers from shelving, check for missing and/or charged out containers, verify that the pull list is accurate, mark pull list and report discrepancies where needed; initial and deliver documentation to POC.
- Place containers or folders on streamliners in order, facing the same direction and with identifying numbers visible.
- Move records to Designated Disposal Review Area.
- Palletize Containers for Disposable Records label, stack, shrink wrap.
- Confirm space requirements, load and transport records to assigned location, validate manifest and shelve non-disposable records that are being relocated, verify accuracy and inform Quality when inspection ready.
- Retrieve batched requests. Sign-out batches in appropriate logbook, recording pertinent information relative to batch being processed and record start time.
- Locate requested file/folder on reference request; search box, confirm if request is for a single or a multi-volume file, pull file(s), add pulled file marker, If file/document is not in box/file, report that it is "Not-in-File" or report that it is "Charged-Out." Audit folders and non-fulfilled references requests upon batch completion. Sign in completed batches in the appropriate logbook, recording time of completion. Clearly identify file/folders and stage for auditing; sign-in completed batches in the appropriate logbook, recording time of completion.
- Retrieve documents from containers, prepare documents for scanning by removing fasteners and verify order. Verify hardware settings, resolution, and covert paper to digital images, verify image clarity by visual inspection, rescan problem images and return documents to containers. Report issues to POC where needed.
- Use handheld mobile to complete basic data entry in spreadsheets, assist with box list creation, data verification and record daily project totals.
- Work is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
BlackFish Federal is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.