**A stipend of $1,500.00 can be provided for new hires who live up to 60 miles outside of Kansas City, MO**. Provide clerical office support and file maintenance by working with file materials applying various work methods and procedures, and familiarity with departmental functions, policies, and practices. Two (2) Shifts are available: first shift: 7:00 AM to 4:30 AM and Swing Shift: 6:00 PM to 2:30 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general clerical work including filing, sorting, batching, or grouping documents.
- Extracts mail from incoming deliveries
- Retrieves documents from files, file documents, associate documents with existing files.
- Stamps documents with information such as received dates and numbers.
- Prepares documents for scanning according to instructions including but not limited to carefully removing all staples from the document, and repairing rips, tears, or large holes.
- Prepares paper tax returns for numbering and transcription, pen and ink changes on paper returns as well as other job-related duties as assigned.
- No supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- A total of one (1) combined year of previous work experience preferably within a clerical, mailroom, material handling other work related environment to the listed essential duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use a computer at a basic level.
- Ability to maintain established records and files.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- The ability to lift up to 25lbs. and standing for long durations of time are required
- The Following Federal Regulations need to be met:
- Must be Federal tax compliant having both filed and paid any taxes due in a timely manner or be on an approved payment plan with the IRS and be current with payments.
- Must have an acceptable FBI criminal history fingerprint and name check.
- Must have two forms of identification from the Form I-9 to complete a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process
- All males born after 1959 must be compliant with Selective Service Registration law.
- Must consent to credit history check resulting in acceptable determination by the Government.
- Must complete Standard Form (SF) 85 and Optional Form (OF) 306 questions 1, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17a via eQIP for Government review.
- The ability to successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen as a condition of employment
- Have the ability to travel for the work week (per diem and accommodations will be available)
- Have a reliable means of transportation to commute to the job site on a weekly and / or daily basis
- Work is performed primarily in a climate-controlled office environment
- 2 Shifts available: 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM to 2:30 AM
- A Stipend of $550.00 for 30 miles outside of the work site and $1,500.00 for 60 miles travel from the Kansas City MO site.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios - ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Pursuant to U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, Cherokee Federal is now requiring that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8th and going forward. Prospective employees will fall under this requirement and proof of vaccination will be required for on-boarding, should you be selected. Limited exemptions for religious or medical reasons will be considered.
TEMPORARY NOTE: On Tuesday, Dec. 7, a federal judge issued an injunction blocking President Joe Biden's COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors (EO 14042). Cherokee Federal is monitoring the court case and awaiting a final ruling. As a result of the injunction, Cherokee Federal is halting the enforcement of the mandate, however, if the injunction is lifted and the mandate remains, Cherokee Federal must reenact its vaccine requirement.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays - Thursdays from 10:00am - 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com.
Please do not send email for job application follow-up or staffing advertisement/request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or job applications.
#CNFC #LI-PF1 #CherokeeFederal