- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a related specialized area or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Repair Department Project Lead. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nationâ€™s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Will be the primary point of contact to the Strategic Program customers and Technical groups.
- Will represent the organization as a technical contact on contracts, projects, and proposals.
- Execution of the project will include schedule tracking and reporting, material tracking responsibility and engineering interface.
- The selected candidate should have considerable knowledge of the other related disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Program Management, etc.) with which the position will work closely.
- Work with Technical team and Material Planner team to execute accurate and timely material procurement and return to vendor repairs.
- Help track all material through receipt and provide support for timely delivery of priority orders/purchases.
- Communicate obsolescence concerns between Engineering and Program Customers, assist in mitigation of any findings
Execution of Schedule
- Assist in coordinating all repair activity to achieve desired Repair Turnaround Time.
- Determine the Manufacturing resources needed to support a project. Deliver that information to department supervisor to accurately staff project for completion and priority repairs.
- Balance shifting fleet needs based on input from Program customers
Primary point of contact for Program Customers
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely updates on repair and project status to program customer.
- Lead technical team through project completion and provide point of contact for correspondence between internal and external teams.
- On a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis prepare and present status to all program stakeholders.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Coordinates and performs cross functional tasks in support of the operations/manufacturing organization
- May lead the development of manufacturing and operations plans, schedules, and facilitates assigned projects
- Prepares complex departmental reports, purchases, requests, and training and development plans and other data as required
- Interfaces with engineering departments, quality control, manufacturing, purchasing or other groups as required in order to complete project plans
- Works independently in following general outlines of assignments
- Requires only minimal supervision and technical assistance
- Normally works under the guidance of an operations manager, senior engineer or floor supervisor
- Will interface with external customers including PMO
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very solid experience and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position
- Grasps and applies new information quickly; handles more complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Requires the ability to plan, schedule and execute work
- Requires multi-tasking abilities without losing focus to complete priority assignments
- Directs the efforts of technicians and associates as needed to complete special assignments
- Mentors others on the team
- Very solid mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Very solid verbal and written communication skills
- Very solid ability to communicate and brief others on the team
- Very solid computer skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required
- Candidates must have a Manufacturing background
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
ABOUT GENERAL DYNAMICS IN PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark Art Institute and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also a recreation hub with mountains for hiking or mountain biking, multiple lakes, ski areas, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer. Boston and New York City are both less than a 3-hour drive away.
The Berkshires are Calling!
Pittsfield, MA Job Opportunities: www.gdmissionsystems.com/pittsfieldma
Berkshire County, MA Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITiXjxcm88