- Development of printed circuit board assembly strategies for new and existing products including process design and development, integration of automated solutions, and process documentation.
- Utilize SMT equipment and process knowledge to identify quality and throughput improvement opportunities and implement solutions to realize these improvements.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Support assembly processes for existing products, including implementation of design changes, process improvements, and root cause corrective actions.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Support Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing efforts to drive product and process improvements
- Standard use of e3 / Lean Six Sigma philosophy/tools for ongoing improvements. Support development and implementation of quality metrics to drive improvement and business results
- Support production validation builds on new processes and implements modifications based on feedback
- SMT (Solder Paste Print, Pick and Place, Reflow) process knowledge of high reliability electronics, including BGA, micro BGA, CSP, and QFN components
- Strong math, computer and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with Operations, Planning, Engineering and Quality organizations to solve problems in a fast paced environment.
- Structured thinker with high detail orientation.
- Experience with IPC workmanship standards, including IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001
- Ability to support Transfer of Technology (Production)
- Position may require travel overseas to support Transfer of Technology projects
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and min. 4 years of prior relevant experience.