Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of Americaâ€™s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
Imagine an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the worldâ€™s leading diagnostic, medical and wearable device companies. As an NPI Engineer in our San Diego office, you would be working on our New Product Introduction (NPI) team to transition products from prototype to production. Specific technical responsibilities vary by project; however, it is imperative that you have command of all engineering and testing fundamentals and understand how they are applied to product development.
This position is ideal for someone who has a strong technical background, is highly organized, and has worked in product development. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet enjoy a casual and flexible work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you.
NPI ENGINEER JOB DUTIES:
- Develop and manage product build schedules
- Coordinate with tooling vendors and contract manufacturers
- Drive assembly strategies, including selecting appropriate manufacturing methods for production and analyzing designs for assembly and manufacturing
- Manage early engineering builds â€“ equipment, build resources, scheduling
- Write test protocols, and execute test plan logistics â€“ equipment, test resources, scheduling.
- Develop custom test fixtures and QC tools
- Develop work instructions and process documentation
- Collaborate with the product design team on root cause analyses and defect resolution
- Monitor pre-production builds at contract manufacturers (may involve travel)
- Manage the transfer of design documentation to contract manufacturers
- Work closely and communicate regularly with clients and project management to keep stakeholders apprised of project status, issues, design decisions, and risks
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year university
- 4 years of relevant, professional engineering experience
- Comfortable with SolidWorks (highly preferred) or equivalent CAD package
- Experienced Excel user
- Thorough understanding of GD&T and how it is applied to design and manufacturing
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical design considerations â€“ injection molding, sheet metal, machining, rapid prototyping, etc.
- Ability to identify and root-cause system-level defects
- Experience in working with cross-functional disciplines (electrical, firmware, and systems engineers)
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with strong attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical systems including stepper and DC motors, solenoids, gear and belt drive systems, bearings, sensors, electronics, pneumatic and/or fluidic systems
- Familiarity with statistical methods
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE A PLUS:
- Hardware development for medical devices (including regulatory requirements) and working in a medical quality system experience
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket)
- Working knowledge of device IO (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth)
- SQL database user
- Working knowledge of good documentation practices (GDP)
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee; partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Simplexity has a flexible policy that allows employees to work from home or from the office during the COVID-19 pandemic if current health orders allow for it. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position. Applicants are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and must be fully vaccinated with a Center for Disease Control (CDC)-approved COVID-19 vaccine by their start date or provide documentation of a medical exemption if they cannot be vaccinated. Full compliance with Simplexityâ€™s Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR