Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
The Manufacturing Engineer (ME) develops, implements, and maintains methods, flow, and systems of Unigen production. The Manufacturing Engineer estimates manufacturing costs, determine manufacturing requirements and coordinates the release of new and/or existing products. Reports to Sr. Manager of Manufacturing Engineering. Located in Newark, CA.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop, implement, and maintain methods, operation sequence, and processes in Unigen’s manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, and assemblies:
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards (production flow, shop floor control, assembly methods, production equipment, and chemical selection).
- Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods, and controls.
- Design, develop, test, and/or source various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Interface with design, product engineering, and customer in coordinating the release of new products:
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Responsible for transitioning hardware products from design into manufacturing.
- In cooperation with the customer and/or hardware development engineering provide design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised products.
• Estimate manufacturing cost, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new and/or existing product lines:
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Create manufacturing labor and NRE quote.
- Design and order tooling and fixtures required for the manufacturing process.
- Manage ECO / MCO change requirements – create or update instructions and tooling if required and coordinate with production to implement necessary changes.
• Maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations:
- Manage and document ECO / MCO change requirements – create or update instructions and tooling if required and coordinate with production to implement necessary changes.
• Provide engineering support and share technical expertise cross-functionally:
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Participate in root cause analysis for any defective products or RMA’s.
- Review and analyze quality data and suggest corrective/preventive actions to improve quality yield.
- Provide training to production supervisors, leads, and operators in special process requirements.
Other duties and responsibilities related to Quality function, as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum BS Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of Manufacturing/Process engineering experience.
- The manufacturing process and lean manufacturing principles and techniques
- Mechanical design, manufacturability, and testability standards
- Fully comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment
- Computer skills: AutoCAD/Solidworks, Microsoft Office