BEPC Inc. is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer III in Menlo Park, CA.
CONTRACT W2: 12 – month contract with possibilities for extensions.
1st Shift 8:30 – 5:00
We’re looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our NTI and Equipment Development Team. This team is responsible for designing novel equipment used to manufacture medical devices; and implementing equipment into production. You will design electro-mechanical fixtures and tooling in Solidworks, assemble and test prototypes, prepare equipment drawings and documentation, and create and execute equipment qualification protocols. This work will support the equipment installation and ramp up at a new production facility.
- Own the design and development of fixtures and equipment, in Solidworks, for testing and manufacturing of medical devices.
- Design and document robust equipment and processes capable of a high level of quality.
- Write design specifications and equipment qualification protocols, particularly for hardware and software that transmits data.
- Execute equipment qualifications of new equipment.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the start-up and commissioning effort for manufacturing equipment and processes at a new production site.
- Develop and manage project plans for automated equipment solutions.
- Work with internal and external vendors to develop equipment and processes.
- Develop and troubleshoot automated equipment (PLCs, robotics, RFIDs, etc).
Experience and education:
- BS required in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing equipment design, build, and commissioning.
- Experience creating models and fabrication drawings of assemblies and machined components in Solidworks.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, particularly as it applies to machined components.
- Experience specifying tolerances and conducting tolerance analysis in assemblies.
- Experience with fasteners, 3D printing, and assembling prototypes.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Experience testing equipment and writing equipment documentation (acceptance testing protocols, maintenance procedures, qualification procedures).
- Experience in the medical device industry, or other regulated industry, is an asset.
- Experience and familiarity with PLC hardware selection, programming, troubleshooting, and configuration for automated systems.
- Experience designing electrical controls systems, specifying electrical components, and designing the mechanical layout of an electromechanical controls system is an asset.