This position is to machine a variety of castings and bar stock utilizing engine lathe, turret lathe, Bridgeport mill, radial drill press, Grinders and various other machine tools and equipment, in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Operate various machine tools to machine parts from start to finish
- Utilize micrometer, calipers, and other inspection tools
- Perform first piece inspection subject to approval by quality department
- Must hold tolerances of +/- .001 on machines
- Interface with Engineering and quality to ensure product quality and specifications
- Recommend necessary tooling and consumable supplies for each production job as needed
- Maintain clean and organized work space
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of machines on regular basis
- Utilize a material handling equipment to transport material between work centers and areas within production area, fork lifts and cranes
- Minimum of 5 years manual machining experience on a variety of turning, milling and grinding equipment.
- Must be able to read blueprints, CAD drawings, sketches, written instructions and interpret data
- Experience in job shop environment with rapid changeovers and short cycle times a plus
- Above average math and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and striving for perfection
- Manual Machining a plus
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills and be proficient in the following: Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists., strong communication (verbal and written), ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive environment and an ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
Work Environment: This job operates in the French Oil Chipping department. This role routinely uses power tools heavy equipment and hand tools.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, or hear. This is an active role; the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; squat; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 50 lbs.; possess manual dexterity, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: 40 hours a week is standard. Conditions may demand daily overtime or occasionally weekend work.
Travel: Minimal. Occasional weekends may be required.
Required Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English. The ability to work with employees in high stress situations.
Requirement: All employees are required to pass the pre-employment as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: French Oil Mill Machinery Co. is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.