MANAGER PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - BIS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The manager of the program management team within Banking and Investment Services will report to the EVP of the organization. The colleague in this critical leadership position will have responsibility for a portfolio of strategic initiatives and manage a team of program and project managers to drive successful delivery of these initiatives. The leader of the program management team will be required to quickly identify problem statement, analyze root cause issues, structure program resolution and manage team to successful completion. This position requires quick problem solving skills, ability to communicate across all levels of the bank and manage multiple complex programs. Transformation initiatives may be related to target operating model transformations, cost or process efficiencies, customer experience, technical implementations and/or risk reduction. Initiatives require proficiency in business case analysis, process and operating model redesign, organizational change management, and structured project management.
Banking and Investment Services Division
Banking and Investment Services plays an integral role in leading the strategic vision and execution of all banking operations. Our servicing and operations professionals partner closely with all of our lines of business to carry out critical functions, including client/deposit servicing, contact center operations, payments processing, and trade and lending operations, while identifying and mitigating risk throughout the organization. Servicing and operations professionals seek to transform and define an integrated support model through automation and cutting-edge digital technologies, to deliver an excellent experience for our clients and businesses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Formulate, organize and monitor interconnected projects. Determine suitable approach for tactical execution and manage delivery team / third party vendors.
* Manage a portfolio of transformational initiatives, aligning programs to strategic vision and measure, rank and prioritize projects. Provide reporting on program statuses, key risks and issues and tracking of business benefits. Report to senior executives and board. Manage a team of program / project managers.
* Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-LOB process design, measurement and re-engineering initiatives that will encompass an end to end analysis and future state design that requires specialized knowledge or skills critical to the redesign effort in a matrix leadership environment
* Develops improvement approaches within businesses and across lines of businesses that are holistic, customer focused to understanding business processes and workflow through CNB and identify and help prioritize new initiatives to drive business strategy, mitigate potential risks and control gaps, financial return, and/or positive customer impact
* Develops root cause analysis and business case for proposed technology, staff and structure changes, including cost estimates
* Establishes standards for measuring performance against process requirements - Including the developing metrics that provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities
* Provides advanced statistical analysis for business leaders, project teams, and managers as required. In addition, provide basic and advanced measurement approaches and mechanisms to ensure we are managing the process and producing the designed results
* The sharing of lessons learned and best practices with others throughout the organization when appropriate
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 10 years of experience leading consumer and commercial banking strategic transformation programs for customer-facing or operations functions - with general subject matter expertise in consumer / commercial banking, wealth management and treasury management
* Minimum 7 years of experience with banking-related process and operating model redesign, major reorganizations, governance design, data analytics, and/or innovative change adoption programs)
* Minimum 7 years of prior consulting expertise, either at a major consulting firm (Deloitte, PwC, strategy houses, etc.) or as an internal consultant supporting EVP/SVP level executives
* Minimum 3 years of experience managing a portfolio of programs with experience reporting into the C-Suite
Skills and Knowledge
* Experience in deploying digital platforms, integrated to CRM, document management and servicing platforms.
* Extensive experience in consumer / commercial banking operating model evaluation and design
* Experience leading multiple transformations at regional or national banks
* Experience leading large multi-platform technology deployments, including full life-cycle management from concept through deployment - particular emphasis on structured delivery, complex integration and testing, agile development
* Technology strategy, core banking platform experience a strong +
* Proven experience at sourcing staff and building high performance teams
* Excellent executive communication skills, presentation development and delivery
Starting base salary: $213,403 - $288,719 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank