MANAGER OF AUDIT-DATA ANALYTICS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Position is a team member in the Digital Enablement Internal Audit Team and responsible for assisting in the research, development, and delivery of strategic and analytics initiatives to achieve Audit objectives in alignment with Internal Audit's transformation goals. These initiatives affect operations and audit execution across multiple geographies and/or across multiple business units/platforms. Responsible for supporting the performance and quality of analytics that will provide continuous improvements of the audits that have been planned for the respective platforms.Support the business phases of the analytics lifecycle for the respective Internal Audit platform(s). Responsible for assisting in internal and external research, stakeholder management, collaborative requirement gathering, and a user-centric approach that in combination ensure technical solutions are both valuable and readily adopted across Internal Audit. Effectively collaborate closely with technical talent pools who transform proposed business cases into leading edge technological solutions. Strategically recommend and apply existing technology to reduce duplication of efforts and ensure the Internal Audit platforms have the skills and capacity to use and understand the technology available across Internal Audit. Responsible for researching and developing foundational analytics that support Internal Audit RBC US teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Analytics Lab Support • Create and maintain foundational data & analytics initiatives that provide continuous improvements of the audits that have been planned in the platform(s). • Support effective delivery of a pipeline of data analytics and automation initiatives that impact Audit execution activities globally across all regions and lines of business. • Support the prioritization of analytics based on areas of best return; deciding on accept/decline analytics and automation activities for the Lab to execute on; hosting regular cadence with lab stakeholders; ensuring analytics initiatives are tracked in central repository. • Acts as a peer to the Data Engineers and Data Scientists in the centralized Data Management & Analytics team (DMA). • Empowered to challenge and refine the value of analytics ideas as proposed by the auditors.
* Business Case Development and Adoption Support• Conduct research and identify opportunities for improving processes and technology: Externally, research best practices, emerging risks, and innovation across RBC and broadly throughout the financial sector. Internally, gather, understand, and analyse auditors’ pain points.• Size potential upside of deploying a solution across platforms, in line with your findings. In partnership with technical experts and other stakeholders, define and articulate ROI for your business cases for Executive Selection Committee approval.• Support technical builds and process reengineering aligned with business cases at every step of analytics lifecycle; engage auditors as needed and support user acceptance testing across your platforms.• Support the communication of ongoing work to broad Internal Audit audience and support creation of training materials and experiences for selected tools.
* Technological use and Reuse• Support the adoption of centrally developed data products in the platform with support from the DMA team.• Support global adoption of IA wide data initiatives.• Support technology use and reuse by having a thorough understanding of available and upcoming technology across the Internal Audit toolkit.• Assist in review of quarterly Audit plan for existing tool use to reduce duplication of efforts and to ensure technology provides expected return.• Support gathering and triage feedback for technical experts on an ongoing basis.
* Leadership & People Development• Mentor team members - assist with individual capability building and certification, grow the skillsets /capabilities of the team, transfer skills/knowledge, and demonstrate awareness of linkages and political forces.• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members, process stakeholders, support groups, business partner teams, to ensure collaboration and cooperation to meet timing of projects.• Continually demonstrate commitment to and application of RBC Leadership Model Behaviors.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree • Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) In Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Biology/Binformatics or related field.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in data analytics cycle (data gathering, transformation, mining, modeling, analytics, and reporting) using data analytics tools like SAS, Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL.
* Minimum 1 years of experience in an Audit, Risk Management, and/or banking environment
* Minimum 2+ years of experience with big data technologies – Hadoop (Pig, Hive), noSQL/SQL databases, parallel processing techniques, Apache Spark, Snowflake, Alteryx, and Informatica Cloud
Skills and Knowledge
* Knowledge of financial industry regulatory guidelines
* Proficient in auditing principles and techniques
* Proficient written and oral communication skills
* Proficient in project management
* Strong understanding of programming languages (Python, SQL, R)
* Strong understanding and experience using data visualization tools
* Strong understanding of Data Analytics to optimize use
* Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
* Ability to work in a dynamically changing environment
* Proven ability to produce, conduct, and report on internal and external research, including qualitative and quantitative metrics
* Demonstrated ability to calculate ROI for projects of various complexity and scale
* Strong knowledge of Agile or other lean methodologies
* Strong knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing data technologies
* Proficient analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong data profiling, cleaning, and mining
* Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to stakeholders
* Expert data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types
* Demonstrates they have successfully worked in inclusive and diverse work teams
* Proven ability to multitask and prioritize activities; across borders and cultures
* Experience working as a team member on a special project, over an extended period of time
Starting base salary: $108,305 - $140,688 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank