Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the MANAGER IMAGING SERVICES has 24-hour responsibility for the day-to-day functions of Hospital’s medical imaging services, including diagnostic radiology, MRI, CAT Scan, ultrasound and nuclear medicine.
- Ensures a high level, professional practice occurs within the Imaging service line in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Consults with and advises medical staff regarding facility policies/procedures and standards of care. Assures quality standards established by the medical staff are maintained.
- Establishes policies and procedures to ensure the quality and safety of services provided.
- Assures compliance with regulatory agencies, license requirements and TJC. Updates departmental policies and procedures as necessary.
- Ensures existing equipment is maintained to hospital standards. Assists with developing and upgrading technology and programs.
- Evaluates patient needs assuring hospital standards are implemented. Responds to service issues of physicians, patients, visitors and hospital staff implementing service recovery actions when appropriate.
- Manages, trains and schedules the activities of the staff. Assess qualifications and competency of departmental staff to ensure quality patient care.
- Assist in preparing and managing annual departmental annual budget(s).
- Prepares management level reports as necessary.
- Completion of a formal radiographic training in an AMA approved program
- Current CRT and ARRT license
- Five (5) years progressive leadership experience (lead tech, supervisor or manager)
- Three (3) years hospital radiology experience with special procedures and/or invasive studies
- Working level knowledge of radiological systems and hospital EMR
- Working level knowledge of computer systems (including Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrated management, administrative, planning and budgeting skills.
- Excellent communication (written / verbal) skills
- Excellent organizational skills