Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don't expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It's also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and motivate a group of engineers who often work remotely
- Manage external design vendors ensuring design quality and Ting standards are achieved
- Support and contribute to our outside plant fiber optic network design in various regions, geographies, and building types
- Work closely with multi-functional stakeholders to scale up future Ting network deployment with velocity and consistency
- Maintaining our various fiber plants in our GIS-based fiber maintenance system
- Using engineering techniques and specifications to build, maintain, or improve the final production-ready construction design for both internal and external use.
- Preparing drawings, sketches, and other graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Developing and defining efficient routes using various types of construction. (i.e. aerial, microtrenching, boring, etc.)
- Support process and systems enablement workshops as required
- Champion clear division of responsibilities with all internal and external stakeholders
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience in similar role
- 5+ years of experience completing designs with AutoCAD
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of FTTH networks and familiarity with aggregation/XGS PON
- Ability to keep up with the latest developments and recommend the technology in the planning and design
- Proven ability to build documentation and processes, and critical metrics
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge to independently manage self and others workload efficiently
- Experience leading to outcomes with vendors on high visibility projects, including comfort with raising issues and bringing them up to senior management if necessary
- Ability to work hard in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with ESRI/GIS software is a plus
- Highly conscientious and diligent work ethic; strong attention to detail
- Be a positive change agent for the operation
- Ability to occasionally travel to the U.S. will be required
- Experience with resource workload management
- PMP or equivalent, a nice to have
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.