MANAGER CREDIT COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Directs and manages the work flow and activities of the underwriting and credit function. Key contributor in the loan management process by providing credit structuring and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Relationship Managers and underwriters. Reviews loan structures to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that all loans conform to established company policy. Monitors and evaluates, on an ongoing basis, new and existing portfolios for potential risks and exposure. Acts as the technical expert or may structure credits on large, complex loans.
Commercial Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Commercial Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Credit Underwriting
* Evaluates and examines credit requests in order to assess credit worthiness including loan quality, credit risk classification, loan structure, collateral analysis, pricing and adherence to Bank policies.
* Reviews financial spreads and associated financial statements and notes, credit documentation and structure, commitments, etc. for the purpose of risk rating loans, determining the degree of attention required, identifying potential credit problems and ensuring conformity to company lending policies and practices. Recommends action to prevent potential loss.
* Monitors the credit underwriting process for quality, compliance and consistency while satisfying client needs.
* Maintains strong communication ties with Credit Analysts and Relationship Managers and advises on credit matters and loans, including presentation and recommendations of extensions, renewals and commitments to necessary approval authorities, industry research and analysis, structure, pricing and management assessment.
* Portfolio Monitoring/Management
* Responsible for projections of credit upgrades and downgrades on a portfolio-wide basis.
* Monitors and evaluates the credit quality of new and existing loans and interfaces with Credit Administration to discuss deal structure, status of RELARS and other follow-up items on as needed basis.
* Oversees loan activities which include the review of reports (e.g., Pipeline Reports, Past Due Reports, Trial Balances) for unusual transactions and appropriate loan grades, timely submission of financial statements, borrowing base, compliance certificates and compliance with financial covenants and address violations (waiver, forbearance, default letters).
* Ensures that all credit files are kept current with latest financial statements, agency reports, etc.
* Oversees the preparation for and participation in federal examinations, independent audits and all internal audits by the OCC and Loan Review.
* Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of a variety of reports to monitor renewals, past dues, portfolio risks, loan compliance, etc.
* Monitors performance, gives on-going performance feedback and participates in providing effective performance appraisals with the Team and Regional Managers. Trains, coaches, counsels and provides general direction and guidance to staff.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 10 years experience in structuring credits/loans.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in real estate finance.
Skills and Knowledge
* This knowledge and skill set is normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business and significant time structuring real estate related credits/loans.
* Strong knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement analysis.
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
* Excellent ability to analyze credits, as well as a detailed knowledge of lending structure and cash flow analysis.
* Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans.
Starting base salary: $172,224 - $233,013 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank