Yugo is the trusted name for student housing, globally. Every day we connect young people to opportunities and students to amazing spaces. Here at Yugo, we like to do things differently. It's about people, planet, and passion.
We are currently on the lookout for a Maintenance Technician to join the team at Yugo Urbana Illinois.
Here at Yugo, we take pride in our residences to create a positive experience for students. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the residence in a great condition inside and out. This will involve maintaining the general upkeep of the residence including all communal areas, performing repairs, maintenance, and making our residences feel like home.
Does this sound like you?
- You are Bold, you are not afraid to challenge boundaries and try new things
- You are True, you are a force for good, you act responsibly towards others and the planet.
- You are Real, you take pride in what you do, and you own it
- You are Open, you are open-minded, open hearted and open to new ideas
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the community is exceptionally well-maintained, well-presented, and functional always.
- Make positive connections with our residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Ensure residents are always safe and secure
- Complete both planned and reactive maintenance tasks in line with any service level agreements; carry out first line maintenance and assist specialist contractors when required.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal
- Carry out periodic health and safety checks, including those relating to fire safety and risk assessments.
This list in my no means extensive but in short, your main responsibility is to take pride in the function and safety of the property – ensuring the standard is great for our residents.
Sound good so far? Here’s what you’ll need:
Have to haves-
- 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
- Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
Nice to haves-
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
- HVAC Experience
You’ll need to have some experience ideally within maintenance or facilities; with a proactive approach to solving problems. A relevant trade would give you the edge but is certainly not essential.
Here’s some of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous benefits package! Including health, dental and vision.
- Company paid STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Three weeks of PTO
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
In our quest to change the world and inspire the change-makers of tomorrow, we have a set of super-powers. We’re harnessing the power of our international presence, our passionate team, our pioneering spirit, our signature experiences, and our commitment to a truly diverse and inclusive workforce where every amazing employee feels valued and empowered. Having almost tangible advantages to ensure we are fully equipped to transform students’ lives for the better.
We look forward to hearing from you so click apply now! We can't wait to meet you.