The Maintenance Technician performs maintenance, calibration, and service repairs on equipment used in production or manufacturing processes and facilities. The Maintenance Technician will install equipment or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment systems in manufacturing control rooms at the Hercules sites. Maintenance Technician assures that equipment and procedures are being maintained energy-efficient and safe. They also ensure that downtime is reduced to a minimum by the anticipation of necessary repairs. Complete, accurate, legible, and contemporaneous record-keeping is essential, and candidates with the ability to leverage past systems experience to benefit and improve equipment and systems performance are highly sought after for this role. The Maintenance Technician will encounter and analyze non-routine to moderately complex problems and resolve those problems by applying and interpreting data. Uses corrective actions to ensure processes and equipment are maintained to meet production, quality, and compliance requirements.
The role reports to the Senior Faculties Engineer and will support audits and inspections by representing the services and operations of the systems supported.
- Bio-Rad ’s policies and procedures execute maintenance activities, including coordinating events with minimum disruption of facilities services.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, order parts and equipment required for repair, install new equipment, and support spare parts inventory management.
- Troubleshoot utilities are serving production and support equipment when necessary. Ensure all electrical installations are installed and maintained by NPFA 70E and 70B, NEC, and IEEE. Ensure that all mechanical facilities are adequately secured, labeled, documented, and meet GMP clean service requirements.
- Maintain electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic diagnostic tools and equipment in safe operating conditions.
- Perform or oversee preventative maintenance of UPS and emergency electrical power systems.
- Assist Facilities Engineer or Maintenance Team Members with protecting and improving the value of assets and ensuring that engineering systems continue to perform their intended function.
- Perform facility maintenance with minimal disruption and good cleanup, including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, and millwright.
- Perform daily rounds and document readings on equipment logs and checklists.
- Review, understand, and utilize technical systems documentation (P&IDs, URS, FS, FAT/SAT, Commissioning, IOQs, SOPs, datasheets, material, and equipment specifications, etc.) and support engineering team members in their execution and development.
- Support utility documentation with appropriate CMMS data, including job plans, spares, and task lists.
- Support utilities technical investigations, CAPAs, and change controls.
- Support EHS and QA initiatives to ensure compliance with all government regulations, site standards, and programs.
- Oversee maintenance work performed by outside contractors, championing a conscientious attitude toward the quality of work.
- Be able to lead project assignments and supervise outside contractors in compliance with Bio-Rad’s guidelines.
- Response to after-hours service calls as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of electrical or mechanical experience required.
- Experience with building automation systems (BAS) (Siemens APOGE or Assent Compass), monitoring systems (Lab Watch or Rees), and programmable logic (PLC) is a plus.
- Clean, dry air (CDA) and nitrogen, chilled water, cooling water, hot water, RODI water, steam, pure steam, refrigeration system, and wastewater and exhaust treatment systems are preferred.
- Experience with filling systems within the food, beverage, or pharmaceutical plants is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with pneumatic and automation systems is a plus.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.