Job Definition – Primary Function:
- To properly diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and maintaining buildings.
- Must be able to work from electrical, mechanical and hydraulic prints, diagrams, and operating manuals.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Tools: wrenches (standard, pipe, allen), locks, cables, pipe threaders, grinders, insulated screw drivers, socket set, wire strippers, hand and power tools.
- Multi-Craft Mechanics are required to provide their own tools.
- Measurement: calipers, voltmeters, ammeter.
- Equipment: fork truck, aerial lift, mobile crane, oxy acetylene torch, welder: MIG/TIG/Stick, drill press, lathe.
Source of Supervision:
- Multi-Craft employees report to the Maintenance Supervisor and if there is no Maintenance Supervisor on duty, then they report to the Production Supervisor, or the Lead Man on the shift.
Direction Exercised: N/A
- Ramsey testing (or equivalent) will be used to determine qualified applicants.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on building, mechanical equipment on schedule basis.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance and fill out work orders.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Thorough knowledge of location, purpose, and proper use of the plant safety equipment, including emergency response techniques.
- Lay out and install any new or old equipment, machinery, structural work, conveyors, and piping to machinery.
- Maintain clean work area and overall plant.
- Inspects and maintains fire systems.
- Repair pneumatic systems which includes repair, or replace air valves, air cylinders, and air lines.
- Repair hydraulics systems which includes repair piping, remove electric motor, and any other components to the hydraulic system.
- Must be able to cut metal with an Oxy-Acetylene torch, air-arc, band saw, or hand tools.
- Must be able to weld via MIG, TIG, or stick to fabricate new parts or to do machine repairs.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of the building such as repairs to plaster or drywall, painting of building, fixing of floors, repair broken windows, and repair or replace doors.
- Changes grinding wheels to any of the grinders in the plant and replaces the old stone with a new stone when finished.
- Make special tools, slings, equipment, and rigging for overhead cranes.
- Repair and maintain forklifts and cranes.
- Repairs and balances scales in the plant.
Electrical & PLC:
- Perform work to follow local and state electrical regulations based on the national electric code.
- Multi-Craft Mechanics can inspect, remove, or install electrical components such as transformers, overloads, circuit breakers, proxy switches, limit switches, outlets, disconnects, motors, relays, contactors, modulator motors, actuators, electric motor break, electrical valves, switch boards, fuses, heaters, photo eyes, pressure switches, Honeywell controllers, thermocouples, and all other electrical components.
- Must be able to uncouple, unwire, and remove all electric motors.
- Must ensure that lock out-tag out procedures is being used properly.
- Install and maintain wiring of lights inside and outside of the plant and this includes changing of light bulbs and ballast of lights.
- Can be asked to grease electrical motors.
- They can be asked to drill holes in concrete with hammer drill and use anchor bolts to hold down electrical equipment or machinery.
- Can be asked to inventory equipment parts and electrical supplies.
- Must be able to use a laptop to communicate with any PLC or purposes of trouble shooting and editing the program.
- May install computer cable.
- Must be able to work on, install, fix, and program robotic control systems.
- Must be able to control overhead cranes for electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to operate forklift, Ariel lift and mobile crane.
- Refer to all work instructions for this occupation.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The above statements reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description