JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the repair, maintenance and preventive maintenance of the buildings, equipment and grounds of the Episcopal SeniorLife Communities.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Regional Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accept work orders for general repairs and complete them according to priority as assigned by the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Consult and ask for assistance from skilled maintenance mechanic or maintenance Manager when needed.
- Asbestos abatement certification may be required.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Assist and service all pre-filters and permanent filters in all filter banks, located in the fan rooms or the buildings, as scheduled.
- Participate in the cleaning of filters in all perimeter heating/air-conditioning, as Scheduled.
- Participate in monthly safety checks and make repairs to the above as assigned.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to Regional Maintenance Manager as soon as possible.
- Ensure maintenance supplies, including paint, brushes, rollers, etc., have been replenished as necessary.
- Ensure that the facility and its equipment is properly maintained for resident comfort, convenience and safety.
- Required to use of own vehicle to travel between all ESLC facilities. Follows all ESLC driving policies.
- Keep Regional Maintenance Manager informed of supply needs.
- Responsible for physical plant including painting, snow removal, and grounds work.
- Assists with snow removal between resident vehicles as required.
- Operate mechanical equipment in a safe manner.
- Empty outside trash receptacles when necessary.
- Painting offices, resident rooms, other areas as needed.
- Pick up trash on grounds every morning, weather permitting.
- Assist in fire alarm testing.
- Take an active role in fire drills.
- Exhibit knowledge of maintenance, policies and procedures.
- Keep tools and equipment in good repair.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services as scheduled.
- Comply with facility-required in-services.
- Wear departmental uniform on a daily basis.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS: Able to perform general building repair and maintenance. Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations and state sanitary codes. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalency required.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 2 years of building maintenance experience. Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform the duties of the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged walking and standing. Must be able to regularly lift 30 pounds and occasional lift 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors and outdoors as necessary. Employee will be exposed to temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS: The employee has no direct supervisory responsibility.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Episcopal SeniorLife Communities. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.