Remedy is thrilled to be working with a multinational food company with an urgent need for a Maintenance Mechanic. Check out more great details below!
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Direct Hire)
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent / Direct Hire
Location: Avon, NY
Shift: Nights, 12-Hour
Pay: Starting at $29.25/hour
- Full benefit package, including 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Essential job duties for this role will include:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary to ensure plant reliability.
- Adjusts metal detector as needed and documents on the Company provided forms.
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures throughout the plant.
- Troubleshoot any maintenance issues throughout the plant
- Complete various projects including welding, machining, mechanical, electrical, and work orders as assigned.
- Monitor plant facilities which include air system, fire system, etc.
- Be able to operate all machinery including format and size changes in designated area
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures through contractors / vendors
- Troubleshoot programmable logic controller (PLC) and use PLC to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Troubleshoot variable-frequency drive (VFD)
We’re looking for Maintenance Mechanics with the following background profile/skillset:
- AA degree in maintenance related field or three years of maintenance experience including (mechanical and or electrical).
- A general working knowledge of computers is required including Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience with computerized maintenance systems, experience with PLC’s (Allen Bradley and Siemans) and /or VFD’s (Allen Bradely) is a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) preferred
- Knowledge of food safety, HACCP, and appropriate supporting programs (e.g., cleaning, sanitation, pest management, etc.) is a plus
- Follows ISO22000 policies and procedures and addresses quality and food safety issues as they occur.
If you are a knowledgeable maintenance professional with prior experience in PLC’s, we strongly urge you to apply today for immediate consideration!
(Please note: we will immediately begin sending initial interview invitations to qualitied candidates via email so please be sure you're applying with your most up-to-date resume and contact info and keep an eye on your inbox/junk mail!)