Maintenance Machinist are responsible for maintenance, upkeep, repair and construction of equipment used in the plant for fabrication of steel castings used for rail road trucking systems.
- At least 3 or more years of related experience in an industrial setting
- Ability to work from blueprints or sketches
- Skilled in welding
- Physical ability in installing and working plant machinery
- Problem solving skills to locate faulty parts, replace worn and broken parts and keep equipment in optimal operating condition
- Must be able to work in areas near hot metal, high elevation, and cramped quarters if necessary
- Be able to provide own tools
Amsted Rail offers an excellent benefit package, which includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid vacation and holidays and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description