Century Linen is a fast paced, growing company and we're always seeking talent on all levels. We’re more than laundry! Tour our plants and you’ll see what we mean. Our 400 Somerville, MA location team members operate modern, high-tech washing, drying, and finishing equipment and work in a fast-paced and upbeat environment. We have many different positions and it’s nothing like the laundry you might do at home.
We are currently looking to hire in our Somerville, MA location.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of all equipment. The position
performs preventative maintenance on all production and supporting equipment
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical, and electronic control systems and other
• Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
• May install, maintain, and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control
• General mechanical maintenance as required
• Able to lift or manage up to 25 pounds without assistance
• Experienced in legacy equipment maintenance
• Troubleshoot, support and repair of all production equipment
• Determine material, parts, and equipment to be used for repair, installation, and stock
Communicate same to Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer
• Participate in scheduled/preventative maintenance on all production equipment
• Install, inspect, repair, and maintain the mechanical, electrical, and other related systems in all
production and supporting departments
• Inspect, operate, and maintain steam, heating cooling and water treatment systems in entire
• Complete all necessary documentation as described under company guidelines. Must comply
with all company safety rules and policies
• Minimum 5 years’ industrial/commercial maintenance experience, with strong problem solving
• Ability to effectively communicate (both written and oral)
• Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics at basic level
• Quality orientation and high attention to detail
• Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
• Bilingual - English/Spanish
This position requires constant walking throughout the service center. May do lifting of objects up to 75
pounds on occasion with assistance. May carry tools and equipment.
Plant environment, including hot, noisy, and wet conditions. Some work in office environments. Subject
to calls during hours away from plant (24/7). Constant exposure to hazards including confined spaces,
chemicals, steam under pressure, climbing, working in positions above and under equipment and
throughout/outside of the facility
Note: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, nor designed to contain a
definitive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
Century is an equal opportunity employer. In furtherance of our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we also take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other legally recognized